By David Adress
President, Bitochon Technologies
There is hardly any business or organization that doesn’t require using software. The purpose of software is to optimize the work process and improve efficiency and productivity. This ultimately leads to lower costs of production and higher profits. This is why businesses consider using software that will prove useful over a period of time. There is no dearth of options when it comes to off-the-shelf software. You can buy them online and download and install without much trouble. But the thing is that there are certain limitations to them.
This is why it is recommended that businesses go for custom software solutions. Find a development company that can create the type of software you need for your business. There are a number of benefits of custom software development for your business, such as:
- The software is created keeping in mind your needs and requirements. The features and functionality of the software will be streamlined to ensure you can use it to maximize your potential. In other words, custom software will make work easier for your employees, thereby motivating them to work more than they usually do.
- Though custom software cost more than packaged ones, you don’t have to bear license fees for additional users. This means that you can use custom software across the length and breadth of your organization. Since you own the software, you can actually sell it on to other organizations but you won’t incur any licensing costs.
- You will be involved in the process of the software being designed, developed and implemented. You get to see each and every step of the process and can provide your ideas and ask questions where you feel necessary. This ensures that the end product you get is exactly to your preferences. This is the main reason why developing a custom software proves to be highly effective for businesses.
- The security you get with custom software is unmatched. This doesn’t mean that packaged software isn’t secure. In fact, they are more secure than they were ever before. Even then, the security levels of custom software are much superior. Access is limited to people with the requisite authorization. This guarantees that the data being shared through the software is secure and safe and you aren’t at risk of data loss or theft.
- Last, but not the least, custom-made software for your business is flexible and adaptable. You can make changes and adjustments as per your needs. You don’t have to wait for the next upgrade to come along, as is the case with off-the-shelf software. In fact, you can consult with your developer and come up with ways to make your software future-friendly so that you don’t have to make changes to it, in the near future at least.