- May 20, 2017
- Posted by: david
- Category: Website Advertising & Traffic
How do I setup PPC for my website?
PPC stands for ‘Pay-Per-Click’, a very popular form of internet advertising platform that helps webmasters and website owners to advertise their website online. Prospective visitors visit possible websites of interests through clicking these ‘Pay-Per-Click’ ads that are flashed on the top, left, right, bottom or in the middle of the page of most websites. Thus, ‘Pay-Per-Click’ advertising creates a win-win situation for both, the websites and their prospective visitors. ‘Pay-Per-Click’ is one of the most powerful ways available today to drive traffic to any website online through internet advertising networks such as ‘Google Adwords’, ‘Overture’ and ‘MSN’. Mostly ‘PPC ads’, as they are known, drive traffic through ads or banners displayed within content-related & e-commerce websites.
The major advantage of PPC advertising networks is that they offer customer-centric and content-specific advertisements which help website owners to drive ‘keyword targeted’ traffic to their sites as instantly as within 15 minutes of starting a campaign. PPC ads run on specific keywords or rather ‘targeted keywords’ that are ‘bid’ by respective website owners according to the niche or topic that their website belongs to. This is known as attracting ‘keyword targeted’ traffic by bidding on keywords in PPC ad networks. These keywords are found by using popular tools or even websites such as wordtracker.com or even by tracking the current search engine trends within the past 15 days or past month. These trends indicate the frequency of a keyword according to its occurrence within the search engines so as to help visitors connect to websites based on that particular keyword. Many people even use keyword density tools on content specific pages of their competitors to know which keywords they would like to ‘bid’ on within their advertising platforms’ ‘ad network’.
Amazingly, most advertising platforms offer video tutorials to teach them how-to-use their ad network and bid for certain keywords of interests. Interestingly, ‘Pay-Per-Click’ is righteously named to define its purpose since the advertiser has to just pay for clicks that visitors click on their network and not otherwise. The PPC advertising costs ranges anywhere between 5c and upwards of a 100.00 $ (U.S.) or more per click depending upon the parameters setup by the advertisers’ network. Many advertising networks’ today offer their customers with incentives to drive traffic for free with a lump sum coupon amounting to a few or more dollars of free advertising through their online advertising network. This saves advertisers a lot of money and motivates them to use the advertising networks’ services more than normally what they have been using. Generally, most advertising platforms like Google Adwords and Overture offer $25-$50 as free advertising for fresh registrations to individuals as well as business houses. Moreover, if the advertising platform that you’re using is owned by any of the renowned search engines such as ‘Google’, ‘Yahoo’ or ‘MSN’; then you would even be able to advertise your websites’ ad listing on the respective search engine results of your advertising platforms’ search engine.
It is important to understand the method of setting up PPC advertising for your website through a PPC network. To help drive traffic through PPC advertising, you must perform the following 7 steps:
1. Study your target market. Study your competitor’s ads, and paid as well as organic listings within search engines for top keywords in your niche by running searches on leading search engines such as Google, Yahoo and MSN. Jot down your notes in a notepad so that you can make changes to your strategy while bidding for keywords.
2. Setup your daily/weekly/monthly budget. Determine what you can afford to spend for advertising your website according to the time-period such that it helps attract enough traffic without much difficulty financially. Never overspend more than your budget so that you can avoid getting caught up in a competitive web.
3. Choose a bunch of highly targeted keywords that attract a lot of traffic consistently. You can use the Keyword Effectiveness Index (KEI) tool to find your target keywords. Once you have chosen ‘specific’ keywords that have a higher KEI or simply, competitive effectiveness, you must maintain a lists of them. A keyword with a higher KEI means the keyword is more popular and has less competition. You can also use various keyword tools that are provided by your ad network which help you in finding niche based ‘specific’ keywords as per the latest trends.
4. Make a point to always bid smartly and acquire value-for-money. Bid only on keywords that your website relates to rather than bidding on negative keywords that have no impact for driving traffic to your website. If you’re bidding on keywords that do not help you make a lot of money, change your immediate strategy. Track the keywords that your competitors use more often than not and track the expenditure that those keywords would cost you. Make a list of positive and negative keywords so as to bid on the right keywords to acquire value-for-money while making a point to not bid on higher-priced keywords.
5. Write only target-specific, catchy and simple ads that attract visitors with ease. Run searches on leading search engines such as Google to see the sponsored ads ‘in blue’ which appear right at the top or right hand side of the search result. Analyze the ads and make a note of them in your notepad. Moreover, you can offer discount offers, guarantees or even free trials within your ad while mentioning the name of your product/service/both and company name or brand name as well.
6. Design keyword optimized landing pages. For each keyword that you bid on, you must create a keyword specific landing page that you think will help you make a definite sale for that keyword which you are bidding on. Landing pages can be more effective than home pages as they relate to the specific keyword whereas home pages are generally comprehensive in nature. Thus, landing pages help you in effectively converting returns on investments.
7. Make a list of your objectives that would help you realize the results you want. Once you have implemented your objectives, analyze your results from time-to-time without delay. This will help you in ascertaining whether your campaign has been successful or not. Further, improvise your ad campaign by networking with other PPC ad campaigners and discuss strategies of crucial importance.
Finally, setting up a PPC campaign is essential to your business as it drives traffic immediately, helps being in control of the traffic to your website, helps you control your advertising budget, and helps you build a brand for your company. If you’re thinking of receiving traffic instantly within no time, planning your PPC campaign has to be very effective as PPC is the best way to build up targeted traffic to your site quickly and efficiently. If you choose the wrong keywords, you might end up wasting all the money that you spent for the advertising campaign. Besides, you could even lose a lot of crucial time that could have been invested and enjoyed in other streams of creative activity. It requires a lot of time and expertise to gain control over your PPC ad-campaign and achieve the required results.
Expertise in the field of PPC management comes through experience. Hiring a highly experienced PPC campaign management company such as Bitochon Technologies can help you save a lot of time, control your advertising budget and save valuable energy while getting the results you want. The PPC campaign management team of Bitochon has hands-on experience in the field of PPC management. The best part is that Bitochon is already equipped with smart ideas and tools that help you achieve a rewarding return on online advertising investments. Bitochon helps you build a brand name for your company, product or service with a futuristic view through its PPC campaign management services. Request A Quote Now!
Bitochon Technologies – The Company with PPC Campaign Management Expertise.